Wednesday, April 8, 2009

24

My birthday weekend is over. I knew that once it was it meant that I was destined to spend the following two weeks locked in my room finishing up school work, finishing up my internship, finishing up my assistantship, and finishing up my life as a student.

Actually, since the economy has knocked me off my feet and ruined my moral, I'm almost tempted to go back for my doctorate. So maybe I will be a student again some day? It sounds better than not having a job.

My birthday weekend was GREAT! Actually I should probably call it my birthday week since I partied from Thursday all the way to Tuesday morning.

During my birthday week I:
  • Received many birthday wishes that left me feeling super special and lucky.
  • Was surprised with the best birthday ice cream cake ever from Laura.
  • Had a movie night with Dan and Melissa, drinking wine and eating the ice cream cake.
  • Went rollerblading with Tonka because the weather was so nice.
  • Had my first grill out of the season, and made about 10lbs of mashed potatoes to go with it.
  • Drank my first Oberon of the season. Grilling and Oberon? I like this season a lot.
  • Got slapped in the face with reality. A couple of times. Naivety can only last so long.
  • Played Apples to Apples, Battle of the Sexes and Cranium with some of my favorites.
  • Went to this really cool bar in underground Royal Oak that Brian knew about, where apparently the men dancing around us were "together" and we didn't even notice it. Well, at least I didn't notice it.
  • Got sucked into watching Little Big League on ABCFamily and left for Paw Paw a few hours late.
  • Had a bonfire in Paw Paw with most of my favorite Paw Paw people! Thanks so much to all those who came back from Chicago to celebrate with me!
  • Reconciled with Dave after over two years of us both being stupid and petty.
  • Started putting words into practice by trying to get over myself in a lot of other situations that I may be being petty in. I'm lucky I have friendship and I shouldn't think that I'm entitled to people's attention. As a friend I should learn to be open minded and graciously accept things that I cannot, and probably should not, change.
  • Got my groove back.
  • Spent the night at my house with Katie who was a funny mess and I loved it.
  • Had an awesome breakfast at Ryan's.
  • Cleaned up the beer cans and toilet paper left on the field from the night before.
  • Drove home and did nothing productive. Actually, I did nothing productive alllll weekend.
  • Worked with Kim on Monday but left an hour early like usual.
  • Took Katie's demo to Brian so he could listen to the songs we would like him to try out on drums.
  • Hopped on board a fun bus and went to Harsens Island with Melissa, Raimie and Andy to watch the Final Four and hang out with their friends.
  • Picked up someone from jail in New Baltimore.
  • Was sad MSU lost because now I have to drive to North Carolina and buy my friend Brandon a pint. And because I hate losing bets.
  • Got pretty hammered and stayed up too late; only slept 3 hours but it was well worth it in fun-ness.
  • Spent the night at a house over looking the Saint Clair River channel watching ginormous freighters drive by.
  • Was in a strange no sleep world for most of Tuesday, hardly able to survive class.
And now it's Wednesday and I'm writing this blog and listening to Bon Iver instead of doing my work. I'm such a mess.

So far 24 has been a really fun age. I hope it continues this way!

No comments: